Home - Ice Skating 2024
Fire and Ice!
Come Ice Skating on real ice at Sheffield Park Station in the unique and amazing location of the Locomotive Shed. Glide across the ice and see where the locomotives are prepared in the morning before they steam up and down the preserved railway line through 11 miles of beautiful countryside. Enjoy the interactive exhibits in SteamWorks! also in the locomotive shed.
Visit Sheffield Park to skate only or add an All-Day Rover Ticket to your booking and travel behind one of our vintage steam locomotives. It’s Kids for a Quid for February Half Term, so make the most of this huge discount.
Our All Day Rover Tickets let you hop on and off our service trains all day with this flexible ticket to travel, and make the most of all our unique stations have to offer at a leisurely pace.
With this ticket you can start your journey at any of our four stations, but don’t forget to refer to the timetable for the day of travel so you can plan where and when you will catch your trains.
Skate sessions are 45 mins and start on the hour.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm (Last session starts 6:00pm)
- Wednesday and Friday 10:00am - 7:00pm (Last session starts 7:00pm)
- Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm (Last session starts 4:00pm)
Note: Over 12s only from 6pm
Advanced Booking Price:-
|Adult Ice Rink Entry
|Child Ice Rink Entry (4-15 yrs)
|Family Ice Rink Entry (2 adults + 3 children)
|Carer Ice Rink Entry
* Skate hire is included in the ticket price
Skate Aids: Penguins will be available to hire for £5 on the day to assist younger skaters and snowmen for older children and adults.
Groups - book as part of a group and save money!
- Book as part of a group 0f 10 - 19 people and pay £12.00 per adult and £9.00 per child.
- Please contact our customer services team to book for groups: email@example.com
We can accommodate wheelchair users during our sessions, depending on numbers. In order for us to assess availability, these tickets must be booked in advance. We ask customers to call or email our customer services team to book ice skating tickets for wheelchair users: 01825 720800, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be at least 4 years old. Children under 8 years must be accompanied on the ice by a ticket paying adult. There is a viewing area for the supervision of older unaccompanied children
- Be reasonably fit and in good health
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
High Risk Groups
Skating is NOT suitable for:
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a heart condition
Assumption of Risk
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters
• Injuries resulting from falls
• Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater
• Injuries resulting from wet flooring
- There are toilets at each of our stations and on some of these services (dependant on carriages on the day)
- Our kiosk will be open daily offering hot drinks and snacks so skaters and non-skaters alike can keep warm.
- Sheffield Park Station - free parking at the station, including Blue Badge parking and two electric car charging points
- We are unable to offer any discounts for this experience
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- This event will take place at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets will be dispatched from 2 weeks prior to the event
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no "Changing Places" toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Viewing areas will be accessible via ramps. SteamWorks! in the locomotive shed is fully accessible
- We're sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed in the viewing area.
Please bring your e-ticket with you on the day of your visit
Payment with vouchers:
- If you are paying with vouchers please enter your voucher code into the VOUCHER CODE box during the booking process.
- Tickets for this service are available as e-tickets only. e-tickets are dispatched free of charge. You will receive 2 separate emails, a booking confirmation and your tickets. Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to event date.
- If you are unable to print your ticket, you may bring it on a smartphone or tablet. It is advisable to bring a screenshot as mobile signal at some of our stations, and on our trains, is limited.
- If you are unable to receive e-tickets, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to place you booking.
- A non-refundable £1.95 transaction fee will be added per booking for any tickets purchased online or by telephone
- Terms & Conditions can be found on our website