Home - Golden Arrow Luncheon
Bluebell Railway's Golden Arrow train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends.
With Pullman Cars, 'Christine' and 'Fingall' and 1st Class carriage 'Sapphire', the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
'Christine' and 'Fingall' evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wooden wall panel Marquetry and plush seating. 'Sapphire' hails from the 1950s and provides equally comfortable and plush surroundings, being built to convey 1st Class passengers from Waterloo to board Transatlantic liners at Southampton in the glory days of ocean travel.
Ticket prices are per person and include your journey (approximately 3 1/2 hours) and a delicious 3-course meal.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost, all other drinks may be purchased and paid for on the train.
Tables for 2, 3 or 4 are available in the 'Christine' and 'Sapphire' and tables for 1, 2, 3 or 4 in 'Fingall'.
Set menus are offered, and these vary dependant on the month of travel.
We are pleased to offer both traditional and a vegetarian/vegan menus on all of our Golden Arrow services and these menus can be adapted to cater for gluten free and dairy free requirements - please select the menu type required during the booking process.
A selection of cheeses from the British Isles with chutney and biscuits is available to pre-order as an additional course or as an alternative to desert. If you would like to add either of these to your meal, please select at the time of booking.
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Table for 1 - £90 | Table for 2 - £180.00 | Table for 3 - £270.00 | Table for 4 - £360.00
(£90.00 per person)
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board
- Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to event date
- We're sorry but we're unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 14yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 14. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are currently unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. We will be introducing a wheelchair accessible carriage later in the year
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no "Changing Places" toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated by our booking system.
- We do not allocate tables for use by more than one party.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We're sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service