Home - Golden Arrow
The Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow dining train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two. With Pullman Cars, 'Christine' and 'Fingall' and 1st Class carriage 'Ashdown', the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
'Christine' and 'Fingall' evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wooden wall panel Marquetry and plush seating. 'Ashdown' hails from the 1950s and provides equally comfortable and plush surroundings, being built to convey 1st Class passengers from Waterloo to board Transatlantic liners at Southampton in the glory days of ocean travel.
Ticket prices are person and include an your journey (approximately 3 and a half hours for Evening Dinner and 3 hours for Luncheon) and a delicious 3-course meal. A cheese course is available to purchase as an alternative to desert or as an additional course. A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost, all other drinks may be purchased and paid for on the train (we regret we currently have no facility to take credit/debit card payments onboard at the moment, but cash and cheques are accepted).
Tables for 2, 3 or 4 are available in the 'Christine' and 'Ashdown' and tables for 1, 2, 3 or 4 in 'Fingall'.
Price - £85.00 per person
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some services it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Golden Arrow using one of our normal service trains. On some days it may also be possible to disembark from the Golden Arrow at East Grinstead instead of Sheffield Park, or to take a normal service train from Sheffield Park back to East Grinstead. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days these options are available.
- The Golden Arrow is a premier service and, as such, the dress code on board the train is 'smart dress' and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 5 years and over on our Luncheon trains, and children 14 years and over on our Evening Dinner service. We regret that neither service is suitable for children or babies under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on our the Golden Arrow.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please call our Customer Services Team (01825 720800) who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.
- Terms & Conditions can be found on our website