Home - Footplate Taster 2024
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Steam Footplate Taster Days are back! Featuring LBSCR A1 “Terrier” Tank No.72 “Fenchurch” and SECR O1 No. 65. (subject to locomotive availability on the day).
These extremely popular locomotives are unique and fantastic choices for our steam footplate experience. It’s the perfect gift for any steam buff or budding engine driver!
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience on No. 72 “Fenchurch” or SECR No.65 with one of our experienced crews within the station area, doing small shunt moves and short runs on the line.
- Your own guided tour of SteamWorks! and the Loco Workshop in Sheffield Park.
- A bowl of soup, toasted cheese sandwich and hot drink will be available to each participant in the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park.
- A certificate for you to take away on completion.
£330.00 per person
A maximum of 4 guests are permitted to accompany each participant. Please note NO travel, food or drink is included for guests, but purchases can be made from our catering outlets.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - i.e. able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Standards and meet the requirements in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Participants will be required to complete a the Medical Self-assessment Questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings where the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked for a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotive used for this experience may vary subject to availability
- Toilets are available at Sheffield Park Station
- There is plenty of free parking at Sheffield Park Station.
- As this event uses a steam locomotive, we regret that it isn't suitable for wheelchair-bound passengers
- Accessible toilets are available at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket Rail