Home - Mother's Day Afternoon Tea Train 2022
Please note we are also running a Mother’s Day Golden Arrow Luncheon on Sunday 27 March. Please visit our Golden Arrow webpage for more information.
Traditional Afternoon Tea served as you steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
With a special gift for all mothers!
Enjoy a relaxing journey on a return trip, from Sheffield Park to East Grinstead, travelling in one of our four comfortable 1950/60's lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler. The journey is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Your traditional afternoon tea includes a choice of luxury teas (coffee is also available), along with a selection of delicious sandwiches followed by mouth-watering cakes, tarts, scones and shortbread.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include you journey, afternoon tea and tea/coffee or soft drink.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive not later than 20 minutes prior to your departure time.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a choice of 5 menus - Traditional, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten free and Dairy free - please select your choice of menu(s) during the booking process.
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Table for 2 - £120.00 | Table for 3 - £180.00 | Table for 4 - £240.00
(£60.00 per person)
- Food & drink - owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We're currently not able to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. All on-board payments are only possible with cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not allowed on this service
- We are sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests are kindly asked to follow this code. Any guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com.
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
We are following the current Government guidelines in relation to face coverings. From 27 January, the gov.uk website states: "face coverings are no longer required by law in any setting. Public health guidance will remain in place, suggesting individuals should continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces, where you may come into contact with people you do not normally meet."
More information regarding plan A is available on the Government's website.
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: firstname.lastname@example.org