Home - Fish and Chip Supper Specials 2022
- Fri 30 Sep 2022
Try a scrumptious supper on board one of our Fish & Chip Special trains!
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park station at 6:30pm for the 1 hour and 45 minute journey to East Grinstead and back.
Once on board, sit back and enjoy your supper (fish & chips followed by a yummy dessert), whilst travelling through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your supper and tea/coffee or soft drink.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
The Bessemer Arms on Platform 1 will be open from 5.30pm - why not pop in for a drink before you board your train?
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a choice of 5 menus - Traditional, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian - please select your choice of menus during the booking process.
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Table for 2 - £74.00 | Table for 3 - £111.00 | Table for 4 - £148.00
(£37.00 per person)
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board
- Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to event date
- We're sorry but we're unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are currently unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. We will be introducing a wheelchair accessible carriage later in the year
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no "Changing Places" toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated by our booking system.
- We do not allocate tables for use by more than one party.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We're sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service