Home - Pie and Mash Specials 2022
Enjoy a delicious supper on board our pie & mash train!
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park Station at 6:30pm for the 1¾ hour journey through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Once onboard, sit back and enjoy your pie and mash dinner, while you enjoy the views.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your main meal, dessert and tea/coffee or soft drink.
We are pleased to offer a choice of either traditional or vegan;
Steak pie with buttery mashed potato, garden peas and a red wine gravy followed by lemon meringue pie with pouring cream
Spicy vegetable pie with a sweet potato and vegetable ragout followed by apple pie with plant based cream
(owing to the nature of the service we are unable to cater for any variations to these menus) - please select your choice of menu during the booking process.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
Table for 2 - £74.00 | Table for 3 - £111.00 | Table for 4 - £148.00
(£37.00 per person)
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We're currently not able to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. All on-board payments are only possible with cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and stay in their seats throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not allowed on this service
- We are sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com.
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.