Home - Ice Skating 2022
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Fire and Ice!
Come Ice Skating on real ice at Sheffield Park Station in the unique and amazing location of the Locomotive Shed. Glide across the ice and see where the locomotives are prepared in the morning before they steam up and down the preserved railway line through 11 miles of beautiful countryside. Enjoy the interactive exhibits in SteamWorks! also in the locomotive shed.
Visit Sheffield Park to skate only or add an All-Day Rover Ticket to your booking and travel behind one of our vintage steam locomotives. It’s Kids for a Quid for February Half Term, so make the most of this huge discount.
Make a day of it purchase train tickets here: All Day Rover - Train Tickets
Our All Day Rover Tickets let you hop on and off our service trains all day with this flexible ticket to travel, and make the most of all our unique stations have to offer at a leisurely pace.
With this ticket you can start your journey at any of our four stations, but don’t forget to refer to the timetable for the day of travel so you can plan where and when you will catch your trains.
Skate sessions are 45 mins and start on the hour.
- 10:00am – 9:00pm Sunday – Thursday (Last session starts 8:00pm)
- 10:00am – 10:00pm Friday, Saturday & Valentine’s Day (Last session starts 9:00pm)
Note: Over 12s only from 6pm
|Advance||On the Day|
|Adult - Ice Rink Entry Only||£12.00||£12.00|
|Child - Ice Rink Entry Only||£10.00||£10.00|
* Skate hire is included in the ticket price
Skate Aids: Penguins will be available to hire for £5 on the day to assist younger skaters and snowmen for older children and adults.
Groups - book as part of a group and save money!
- Book as part of a group 0f 10 - 19 people and pay £10.00 per adult and £8.00 per child.
- Book as part of a group with 20+ people and pay £9.00 per adult and £7.00 per child.
Please contact our customer services team to book for groups: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wheelchair users: We are pleased to offer ice skating sessions for wheelchair users. These slots are available to book by completing the request form on our website. A member of our customer service team will then contact you to take payment and confirm your booking.
The sessions will take place at 5pm on Tuesday 15 February and 5pm on Tuesday 22 February.
We can also accommodate wheelchair users during regular sessions, depending on numbers. In order for us to assess availability, these tickets must be booked in advance. We ask customers to call or email our customer services team to book ice skating tickets for wheelchair users: 01825 720800, email@example.com.
- Be at least 4 years old. Children under 8 years must be accompanied on the ice by a ticket paying adult. There is a viewing area for the supervision of older unaccompanied children
- Be reasonably fit and in good health
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
High Risk Groups
Skating is NOT suitable for:
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a heart condition
Assumption of Risk
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters
• Injuries resulting from falls
• Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater
• Injuries resulting from wet flooring
- There are toilets at each of our stations and on some of these services (dependant on carriages on the day)
- Our kiosk will be open daily offering hot drinks and snacks so skaters and non-skaters alike can keep warm.
- Sheffield Park Station - free parking at the station, including Blue Badge parking and two electric car charging points
- We are unable to offer any discounts for this experience
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- This event will take place at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets will be dispatched from 2 weeks prior to the event
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no "Changing Places" toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Viewing areas will be accessible via ramps. SteamWorks! in the locomotive shed is fully accessible
- We're sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed in the viewing area.
Covid-19 safety measures:
- In line with current Government guidelines, we recommend visitors wear a face covering in crowded indoor and outdoor areas. From 30 November, visitors are required to wear a face covering while visiting our Gift Shop at Sheffield Park (unless exempt). Please see the Government’s website for further information.
- We will have hand sanitiser freely available for customer use, skates will be sanitised after use and regular cleaning will be in operation.
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring your e-ticket with you on the day of your visit
Payment with vouchers:
- If you are paying with vouchers purchased from our shop, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to place you booking. These vouchers CANNOT be redeemed online.
- If you are paying with vouchers issued by us as credit for a cancelled booking, please enter your voucher code into the VOUCHER CODE box during the booking process.
- Tickets for this service are available as e-tickets only. e-tickets are dispatched free of charge. You will receive 2 separate emails, a booking confirmation and your tickets. Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to event date.
- If you are unable to print your ticket, you may bring it on a smartphone or tablet. It is advisable to bring a screenshot as mobile signal at some of our stations, and on our trains, is limited.
- If you are unable to receive e-tickets, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to place you booking.
- A non-refundable £1.95 transaction fee will be added per booking for any tickets purchased online or by telephone
- Terms & Conditions can be found on our website
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket