Home - Footplate Taster 2022
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Looking for a special and unique Christmas, birthday or retirement present?
Well good news – we will be running our popular Footplate Tasters again in February 2022!
Enjoy a ‘turn’ on the footplate of H-class No. 263 under the guidance of our experienced footplate crews. The perfect experience for anyone who’s ever dreamed of being an ‘engine driver’!
This experience is a last chance to see the H-class ahead of its withdrawal from traffic in February 2022.
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience with one of our experienced loco crews within the station area
- Your own guide to answer questions and give you a tour of Sheffield Park station, with the opportunity to visit the signal box, SteamWorks! and our locomotive workshop
- Hot drink and a breakfast bap or a slice of cake in the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park station
- A certificate for you to take away on completion
£180.00 per person
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - i.e. able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Standards and meet the requirements in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Take a negative COVID-19 Lateral Flow test in the morning before attending the railway for their booked session and provide the result to the railway. Unfortunately a positive test result will mean that you will be unable to participate on the day. Rebooking / refunding will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Participants will be required to complete a the Medical Self-assessment Questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings where the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked for a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotive used for this experience may vary subject to availability
- Toilets are available at Sheffield Park Station
- There is plenty of free parking at Sheffield Park Station.
- As this event uses a steam locomotive, we regret that it isn't suitable for wheelchair-bound passengers
- Accessible toilets are available at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket