Home - Teddy Bear's Picnic 2021
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
If you go down to Bluebell Railway you’re in for a big surprise…
|Advance||On the Day|
|All Day Rover - Adult 3rd Class||£22.00||£25.00|
|All Day Rover - Child 3rd Class||Free||Free|
|BRPS Member All Day Rover - Adult 3rd Class||£11.00||£12.50|
Teddy Bear's Picnic is back!
We all know that teddies love adventures, so enjoy August Bank Holiday (28 – 30 August) by taking a picnic and your Teddy on a steam train ride. Grown-ups buy an All-Day Rover ticket to travel up and down the line on the timetabled service trains, but children who bring a teddy go free!
Get off at Kingscote Station to enjoy your picnic in the picnic area and make sure to give Teddy a big push on the swings and roundabout in the playground.
What do teddies love? Picnics and pals! Why not take Teddy with you on a bear hunt at Kingscote Station. Pick up a trail and get searching. How many teddies will you spot?
Need a picnic? Don’t worry, you can order one to pick up from The Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park Station – just add it to your basket when booking your tickets.
Food and drink will be also available to purchase on all days at Sheffield Park Station (Bessemer Arms and plaform kiosk), Horsted Keynes Station (George V Buffet), Kinsgcote Station (Well House for drinks, snacks and ice-cream), and East Grinstead Station (Buffet).
- There are toilets at each of our stations.
- There are toilets on some of our trains - please ask station staff for advice on which trains these are available.
- Baby changing facilities are avaiable at each of our stations, but not on our trains
- We're sorry but it isn't possible to take large or non-folding prams/buggies/pushchairs into seating areas on our trains. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station or carried in the guard's van on the train (please ask station staff for assistance)
- There is plenty of free parking at Sheffield Park and Horsted Keynes stations. Public Pay and Display parking is available near to East Grinstead Station. We regret there is no parking at Kingscote Station.
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some trains during this event. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 for further information.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Assessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no "Changing Places" toilets or accessible toilets on our trains
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don't need a ticket
- Dogs are welcome at this event - no ticket required
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We're sorry but it isn't possible to take large or non-folding prams/buggies/pushchairs on trains. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station or carried in the guard's van on the train (please ask station staff for assistance)
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket