Home - Service Train Private Travel 2021
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
More than a train ride…safe and enjoyable!
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
|First Class Compartment||£135.00|
|Third Class Compartment||£80.00|
|BRPS Member First Class Compartment||£67.50|
|BRPS Member Third Class Compartment||£40.00|
Please note - compartment sizes vary from departure to departure - please see ticket selection for your chosen travel date for the maximum number of seats in compartment
We understand that many people will still have concerns about mixing with others at this time, so we are still offering pre-booked compartments for private use on some of our trains.
Steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside in your own reserved and private compartment. The return journey from Sheffield Park Station to East Grinstead travels through the Sussex Weald, an area of outstanding natural beauty and across the Imberhorne Viaduct. The compartment is yours for one full round trip of approximately 1 hour and 40mins.
Compartment sizes vary from seating 6 up to 10 (see ticket the ticket selection for your chosen date of travel for the maximum number of seats), so you can enjoy this trip with your household or close friends.
Make it a full day out and explore the museum and SteamWorks! in the locomotive shed before or after your trip.
If you would like to depart from one of our other stations or hop on off the train during your day, you might like our All Day Rover tickets.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- Folding prams/pushchairs can be taken on these trains. Non-folding prams/pushchairs can be left at your departure station or carried in the Guard's Van by arangement with the station staff.
- There are toilets at all stations, and on the trains.
- Concessions - proof of discount eligability will be required to be shown on the day of travel.
- TOC and Hertiage Railway reciprocal discounts are available on this service - please select the BRPS Member rate tickets.
- Compartments are allocated automatically. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated in the same compartment.
- We regret we are unable to accomodate passengers who use wheelchairs on this service. Please see our All Day Rover tickets for wheelchair accessible travel.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket