Home » 2021 Events - 60 Plus 1
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Our belated diamond anniversary event, celebrating 60 (plus 1) years of the Bluebell Railway!
|Advance||On the Day|
|Event with Travel - One Day||Adult||£25.00||£28.00|
|Family (2 adults + 3 children)||£60.00||£65.00|
|BRPS Member Adult||£12.50||£14.00|
|BRPS Member Child||£6.25||£7.00|
|BPRS Family (2 adults + 3 children)||£30.00||£32.50|
|Event Admission Only - One Day||Sheffield Park Station Adult||n/a||£5.00|
|Event admission tickets are only available on the day||Sheffield Park Station Child||n/a||£3.00|
|Sheffield Park Station BRPS Member||n/a||Free|
|Horsted Keynes Station Adult||n/a||£15.00|
|Horsted Keynes Station Child||n/a||£7.50|
|Horsted Keynes Station BRPS Member||n/a||Free|
|Kingscote Station Adult||n/a||£2.00|
|Kingscote Station Child||n/a||£1.00|
|Kingscote Station BRPS Member||n/a||Free|
|East Grinstead Station Adult||n/a||£2.00|
|East Grinstead Station Child||n/a||£1.00|
|East Grinstead Station BRPS Member||n/a||Free|
We couldn’t hold the planned celebrations in 2020 because of the restrictions placed on us due to the pandemic. However, we couldn’t let this milestone go by without celebrating properly, so it’s back in the diary for 2021 albeit one year late!
This year, we will mark the occasion with a 3-day long weekend of festivities that will appeal to enthusiasts, members, volunteers and the whole family.
Help celebrate our volunteer (and paid staff!) achievements from over the last 60 years with a packed weekend of displays, activities, music, festivities and, of course, steam engines.
Ever wondered how a heritage railway works? Meet the volunteers and get special behind the scenes guided tours of our workshops and other staff only areas!
Let us transport you back in time to the golden age of steam as the Railway presents 60 years of Bluebell. Experience intensive steam hauled passenger services along the line and activities at Sheffield Park, Kingscote, East Grinstead and at Horsted Keynes Station.
All our stations will be open for this event and a busy timetable will be running. Why not travel up and down the line, hop on and off at any of our stations, and enjoy all the Bluebell Railway has to offer!
There is plenty of free parking at Sheffield Park and Horsted Keynes stations. Public Pay and Display parking is available near to East Grinstead Station. We regret there is no parking at Kingscote Station.
Looking for that festival atmosphere? Head to Horsted Keynes Station and visit our events field to enjoy good food and live bands playing classics from across the last six decades. On Saturday we have steam services late into the evening and entertainment from local bands.
Exclusive access will be available each day to restricted areas across the railway including our carriage and wagon sheds, locomotive works and running sheds with guided tours throughout the weekend. Kids Kingdom will provide fun and games suitable for all ages. For the big kids, brake van rides and diesel driving taster experiences should appeal!
Food and drink will be available to purchase on both days at Sheffield Park Station (Bessemer Arms and platform kiosk), Horsted Keynes Station (George V Buffet, and there will be an Ice Cream Van, Hog Roast, and Shepherd's Hut), Kingscote Station (Well House for drinks, snacks and ice-cream), and East Grinstead Station (Grinsteade Buffet).
All event areas will be open until 9pm or until the last train departs from that Station.
This will be a celebration of six decades of what Bluebell Railway does best!
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don't need a ticket
- Dogs are welcome at this event - no ticket required
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We're sorry but it isn't possible to take large or non-folding prams/buggies/pushchairs on trains during this event. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some trains during this event. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 for further information.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket