Home - Model Railway Weekend 2021
Enjoy steam train rides, explore our stations and visit the exhibitions!
|Advance||On the Day|
|Event with Travel - One Day||Adult||£22.00||£25.00|
|Family (2 adults + 3 children)||£55.00||£60.00|
|BRPS Member Adult||£11.00||£12.50|
|BRPS Member Child||£5.50||£6.25|
|BRPS Member Family (2 adults + up to 3 children)||£27.50||£30.00|
|Event Admission Only - One Day||Sheffield Park Station Adult||n/a||£5.00|
|Sheffield Park Station Child||n/a||£3.00|
|Sheffield Park Station BRPS Member||n/a||Free|
|Horsted Keynes Station Adult||n/a||£5.00|
|Horsted Keynes Station Child||n/a||£3.00|
|Horsted Keynes Station BRPS Member||n/a||Free|
Join us at the Bluebell Railway for our Model Railway Weekend. This firm favourite is back for 2021.
Come and see a variety of layouts across the railway and experience unique access to non-public areas such as the Maintenance Shed and Locomotive Workshop at Sheffield Park Station and the Carriage and Wagon Workshop at Horsted Keynes Station.
Have you ever attended a model railway exhibition before? Well expect an array of tiny worlds, all expertly modelled and brought to life by the steam and diesel locomotives that wind their way along the tracks. It takes patience, time and skill to bring these fascinating layouts to life.
We have a great selection of Model Railways featuring including N gauge, O gauge, double O gauge and gauge 1 layouts from across the country.
|Aldermouth O||Burleigh Arches||Carriaage and Wagon Model||Chilton Hills Vintage Trains OO and 3 Rail||Fawcett Street|
|Halden Lane||Horton Wharf 009||Invicta Guage 1||lionel Collectors Club UK||NE Where|
|Norwood Road OO||Porlock 009||Pulborough P4||Sallywag Corner||Sheffield Park|
|Small N Working||The Vine Line||Thornbury Hill||West Green Diesel MPD OO||West Hoathly OO|
To complement our displays, we also have several trade stands offering a variety of modelling products including engines, rolling stock, and local produce. Don’t forget you can also visit our railway shop where we have a great selection of products available from beginners sets to full layouts.
All our stations will be open for this event and a busy timetable will be running. Why not travel up and down the line, hop on and off at any of our stations, and enjoy all the Bluebell Railway has to offer!
Entry to all the exhibitions is free of charge with a valid ticket to travel on the day of your visit. For those not wishing to travel, admission tickets will be available to purchase on the day at each station.
Exhibition areas will be at Sheffield Park and Horsted Keynes stations and will be open from 10am to 4pm on each day.
Food and drink will be available to purchase on both days at Sheffield Park Station (Bessemer Arms and plaform kiosk), Horsted Keynes Station (George V Buffet and Ice Cream Cart on the platform from 11am to 4pm), Kinsgcote Station (Well House for drinks, snacks and ice-cream), and East Grinstead Station (Buffet).
There is plenty of free parking at Sheffield Park and Horsted Keynes stations. Public Pay and Display parking is available near to East Grinstead Station. We regret there is no parking at Kingscote Station.
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don't need a ticket
- Dogs are welcome at this event - no ticket required
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We're sorry but it isn't possible to take large or non-folding prams/buggies/pushchairs on trains during this event. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- Carparks close at 21:30hrs on both 17th and 18th July.
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some trains during this event. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 for further information.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: firstname.lastname@example.org