Home - The Sussex Gin Train
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Grab some good friends and make great memories as you journey across the beautiful Sussex Weald by steam train. Make the journey even more special by pairing it with delicious Sussex Gin!
Per Person - £50.00
Special Offer! 24th July only!
BRPS Working Volunteer - £30.00pp
BPRS Working Volunteer + One Accompanying - £60.00
Upon arrival at Sheffield Park Station, climb aboard a vintage railway carriage and be seated ready for the journey. Tickets include return travel across our 11-mile track to East Grinstead, a delicious Sussex gin-based cocktail and two full size gin & tonics from the Gin Menu – all brought to your table by our volunteer staff.
If you are still thirsty as the train makes its return journey don’t worry - the Gin Menu will be available for further purchases so you can discover the range and quality of local Sussex gin-makers.
Gin and tonic - £6
Gin Cocktail - £8
Soft drinks and zero alcohol gins are also available – so designated drivers can enjoy the fun too!
The drinks menu includes a selection of wonderful and delicious local gins.
A gin based cocktail topped with local sparkling wine from Tickerage fizz will also be served.
The experience will take around 1 hour and 40 minutes and all passengers must be aged 18 or over.
Why not arrive early and explore all Sheffield Park Station has to offer - including our museum and interactive exhibition SteamWorks! The Bessemer Arms and kiosk will also be open for additional snacks, and you can also find the perfect souvenir to remember the day in our gift shop.
No designated driver? Compass Travel operates buses between Lewes and Sheffield Park Station on Saturday afternoons via Chailey. Please see the timetable here.
01342 42 42 42
Western Cars and Taxis – Haywards Heath 24/7
01444 440 440
Meet Marie, your host and Sussex Gin aficionado:
“I set up my bar following my passion for festivals and events, as well as vintage caravans, I've always loved entertaining and making good quality drinks and cocktails. Sussex has so much to offer with all the local gin, wine and craft beer producers, it's fantastic to work with all of the local businesses and support them by promoting and selling their products. I really enjoy attending local food and drinks festivals with my mobile bar, Sloe Drinks Co, named after picking sloe berries for homemade sloe gin.”
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- This service is for over 18s only
- BRPS Working Volunteers will be asked to provide proof of eligibility on the day
- Seating is on tables and is allocated automatically. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated on the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, your party may be split onto more than one table.
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on this service. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to book these spaces.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: email@example.com
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket