Home - Fish and Chip Supper Specials
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Try a scrumptious supper on board one of our Fish & Chip Special trains!
Table for 2 - £70.00 | Table for 3 - £105.00 | Table for 4 - £140.00
(£35.00 per person)
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park station at 6.30pm* for the 1 hour and 45 minute journey to East Grinstead and back.
Once on board, sit back and enjoy your supper (fish & chips followed by a yummy dessert), whilst travelling through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your supper and tea/coffee or soft drink.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a choice of 5 menus - Traditional, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian - see our full Fish & Chip Specials 2021 menus for further details (owing to the nature of the service we are unable to cater for any variations to these menus). Please select your choice of menus during the booking process.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
- Food & drink - owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We're currently not able to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. All on-board payments are only possible with cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and stay in their seats throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not allowed on this service
- We are sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: email@example.com
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket