Home - Fish and Chip Supper Specials
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Try a scrumptious supper on board one of our Fish & Chip Special trains!
All visitors to the Bluebell Railway must comply with the Government guidance on people meeting socially in place at the time of their visit. From 17 May, the government is planning to move to step 3 of its roadmap, which means the Rule of six or two households will apply indoors. In line with Government guidelines, visitors travelling on our trains must be in groups of six or fewer, or with one other household, until at least 19 July. The full government roadmap out of lockdown can be found here.
You can find our full safety measures on our Covid-19 Safety Measures page.
Table for 2 - £70.00 | Table for 3 - £105.00 | Table for 4 - £140.00
(£35.00 per person)
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park station at 6.30pm* for the 1 hour and 45 minute journey to East Grinstead and back.
Once on board, sit back and enjoy your supper (fish & chips followed by a yummy dessert), whilst travelling through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your supper and tea/coffee or soft drink.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a choice of 5 menus - Traditional, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian - see our full Fish & Chip Specials 2021 menus for further details (owing to the nature of the service we are unable to cater for any variations to these menus). Please select your choice of menus during the booking process.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
In line with Government guidelines, the following safety measures will apply until at least 19 July:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed ib covered boxes. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We're currently not able to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. All on-board payments are only possible with cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and stay in their seats throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not allowed on this service
- We are sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com.
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket