Home - The Blue Belle Luncheon
A special train for a special year!
Celebrate Bluebell Railway’s 61st year by enjoying a delicious luncheon in style on an historic train. This named service remembers the rail tours of the sixties, when steam enthusiasts travelled between London and Brighton and took The Blue Belle along the now disused Ardingly line to visit the newly preserved Bluebell Railway.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your journey, which lasts approximately 3 hours, and a delicious 3-course meal.
Set menus are offered, and these vary dependant on the date of travel. Please see our website for the menu offered on your choosen date of travel.
We also offer an alternative main course for vegetarians, please select your choice of main course (traditional or vegetarian) during the booking process.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the ticket price.
A selection of wine and other drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
Table for 2 - £130.00 | Table for 3 - £195.00 | Table for 4 - £260.00
(£65.00 per person)
- Food & drink - owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We are currently not able to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. All on-board payments must be made in cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn't suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We are sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Guests are kndly asked to adhere to this code. Any guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board
- We regret we are unable to offer discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If your would like to book for a large group and all to be seated in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you
On 19 July, the Government moved to Step 4 of its roadmap and removing most legal Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask our visitors to follow Government advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
From 19 July:
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings has been lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: email@example.com