Home - The Blue Belle Luncheon
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
A special train for a special year!
All visitors to the Bluebell Railway must comply with the Government guidance on people meeting socially in place at the time of their visit. From 17 May, the government is planning to move to step 3 of its roadmap, which means the Rule of six or two households will apply indoors. In line with Government guidelines, visitors travelling on our trains must be in groups of six or fewer, or with one other household, until at least 21 June. The full government roadmap out of lockdown can be found here.
You can find our full safety measures on our Covid-19 Safety Measures page.
Table for 2 - £130.00 | Table for 3 - £195.00 | Table for 4 - £260.00
(£65.00 per person)
Celebrate Bluebell Railway’s 61st year by enjoying a delicious luncheon in style on an historic train. This named service remembers the rail tours of the sixties, when steam enthusiasts travelled between London and Brighton and took The Blue Belle along the now disused Ardingly line to visit the newly preserved Bluebell Railway.
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your journey, which lasts approximately 3 hours, and a delicious 3-course meal.
Set menus are offered, and these vary dependant on the date of travel. Please see our website for the menu offered on your choosen date of travel.
We also offer an alternative main course for vegetarians, please select your choice of main course (traditional or vegetarian) during the booking process.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the ticket price.
A selection of wine and other drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
In line with Government guidelines, the following safety measures will apply until at least 21 June:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service - All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We are currently not able to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. All on-board payments must be made in cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn't suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We are sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Guests are kndly asked to adhere to this code. Any guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board
- We regret we are unable to offer discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If your would like to book for a large group and all to be seated in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you