Home - The Rocket
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Demand for some dates is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Summer Ploughman’s Special..... “lettuce” take care of the food!
All visitors to the Bluebell Railway must comply with the Government guidance on people meeting socially in place at the time of their visit. From 17 May, the government is planning to move to step 3 of its roadmap, which means the Rule of six or two households will apply indoors. In line with Government guidelines, visitors travelling on our trains must be in groups of six or fewer, or with one other household, until at least 19 July. The full government roadmap out of lockdown can be found here.
You can find our full safety measures on our Covid-19 Safety Measures page.
Table for 2 - £60.00 | Table for 3 - £90.00 | Table for 4 - £120.00
(£30.00 per person)
There’s nothing better on a Summer day than a delicious Ploughman’s lunch… except enjoying it in comfort and style in a comfortable vintage railway dining carriage. Wind your way through beautiful Sussex countryside skirting the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty. Your train leaves Sheffield Park Station for a one and three-quarter hour journey through the Sussex countryside to East Grinstead and back. During the journey the train will stop at both Kingscote and East Grinstead stations. Why not take at break at Kingscote to stretch your legs, visit the open-air exhibits, allow the children to let off some steam in the playground and enjoy a treat from the Well-House Kiosk? Then hop back on the train as it returns from East Grinstead ready to take you back to Sheffield Park. If you chose to stay on the trains all the way to East Grinstead, you are welcome to briefly get off the train and watch the engine 'run around' the train (uncouple from one end and re-join at the other).
Tickets are sold by table (tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available) and include your journey and choice of picnic box.
You can choose between a Ploughman's or a Cream Tea box (gluten free options are also available).
- The Ploughman's Lunch Box includes a savoury roll, chutney, salad, butter, and salad cream.
- The Cream Tea Box includes a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam
Tea and coffee will be served on the train and are included in the price of your ticket.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to the Ploughman's or Cream Tea Box, and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons.
Please select the number and type of food boxes you require during the booking process.
Please note food boxes are NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price for bookings placed after 4pm the day before travel.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order (we are sorry but no drinks can be purchased whilst onboard), please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
In line with Government guidelines, the following safety measures will apply until at least 19 July:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- All passengers will require a ticket, including children
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only and is only available to order until 4pm the day before travel
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- Wea re sorry but it isn't possible to take prams/buggies/pushchairs on this service. These may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer discounts for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be in the same carriage, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
© Bluebell Railway Powered by vTicket