Home - Wealden Rambler Festive Afternoon Tea
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on December 2nd limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to Bluebell Railway have to be in a single household, or single support bubble, or other exempt group when travelling and must follow the Rule of 6 when not onboard our trains. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Enjoy afternoon tea with a festive twist at Bluebell Railway!
Table for 2 - £100.00 | Table for 3 - £150.00 | Table for 4 - £200.00
(£50.00 per person)
We will be running our popular Wealden Rambler afternoon tea trains with a Christmas-inspired menu from 21 November – 21 December.
Steam through the Sussex countryside while you enjoy mulled wine, sandwiches filled with festive fillings and Christmas cakes and pastries.
This service departs Sheffield Park at 12:30pm for a return trip to East Grinstead, returning to Sheffield Park at 2:15pm.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a choice of 5 menus - Traditional, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy-Free. (Owing to the nature of the service we are unable to cater for any variations to these menus.) Please select your choice of menus during the booking process.
A glass of mulled wine and Tea/coffee/water/fruit juice is included in the price. Why not enjoy a glass of the wonderful Hindleap Blanc de Blancs from our local vineyard, Bluebell Vineyard Estates with your meal? Available to pre-order or to purchase on the train.
Please see our website for full details and menus.
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service - All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- This service is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, our automatic seating system may not seat you all together. If you wish to be seated together, please call the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.