Santa Specials 2020
This Event Is Now Sold Out
Nothing stops Santa visiting the Bluebell Railway!
First Class Compartment - £170.00
Third Class Compartment - £130.00
|Sheffield Park Services||
First Class compartments are designed to seat up to 6 adults
Third Class compartments are designed to seat up to 8 adults
|East Grinstead Services||
First Class compartments are designed to seat up to 8 adults
Third Class compartments are designed to seat up to 10 adults
It may be slightly different this year, but we still aim to give you a wonderful and safe festive experience with all the traditional sights, sounds and aromas of Christmas.
- Get into the mood with some Christmas music while having your tickets checked
- Board your train in your own private compartment for a safe and enjoyable journey
- Mince pies and chocolate coins waiting for you on board
- Enjoy the trip up to Horsted Keynes through the winter countryside
- Visit Santa in his parlour with an opportunity for a photo
- Collect your special present from Santa’s Workshop
- Enjoy the traditional inclusive fairground attractions – all carefully spaced apart
- Take time for a glass of delicious mulled wine on sale on the platform
- Rejoin your train to return to Sheffield Park or East Grinstead
- Pick up Christmas gifts at our market stalls and shops
The whole experience will take around 2 hours from Sheffield Park and 2 hours 15 minutes from East Grinstead and we ask people to arrive in good time to allow for social distancing measures.
For more details visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page.
When booking tickets, please check carefully for your required station of departure - Sheffield Park or East Grinstead.
Event start times
From Sheffield Park 10am & 12.45pm
From East Grinstead 11am & 1.45pm
For your safety:
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn whilst at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed
Please visit our COVID-19 safety measures page for more information.
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and do not require a ticket
- Seats are not allocated or reserved for children under 3yrs (and babies)
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for the class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station
- Seats are in a compartment. We will not allocate compartments for shared used. If you are travelling with friends and family, please make the booking in one name.
- Passengers in wheelchairs can travel in our specially adapted carriage on trains departing from Sheffield Park. Please email email@example.com or call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 if you would like to book seats for wheelchair using passengers.
- No dogs are permitted on this service except for registered assistance dogs.
- Compartments are allocated automatically. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated in the same compartment
- 1st Class compartments on Sheffield Park services are designed to seat up to 6 adults
- 3rd Class compartments on Sheffield Park services are designed to seat up to 8 adults
- 1st Class compartments on East Grinstead departures are designed to seat up to 8 adults
- 3rd Class compartments on East Grinstead services are designed to seat up to 10 adults
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on services from Sheffield Park Station only
- Owing to social distancing guidelines, however, space in this area is limited to parties of 4 or less people
- To book these seats please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Services team on 01825 720800