Home - Santa Specials 2020
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Nothing stops Santa visiting the Bluebell Railway!
First Class Compartment - £170.00
Third Class Compartment - £130.00
|Sheffield Park Services||
First Class compartments are designed to seat up to 6 adults
Third Class compartments are designed to seat up to 8 adults
|East Grinstead Services||
Some First Class compartments are designed to seat up to 8 adults, others will seat up to 6
Some Third Class compartments are designed to seat up to 10 adults, others will seat up to 8
It may be slightly different this year, but we still aim to give you a wonderful and safe festive experience with all the traditional sights, sounds and aromas of Christmas.
- Get into the mood with some Christmas music while having your tickets checked
- Board your train in your own private compartment for a safe and enjoyable journey
- Mince pies and chocolate coins waiting for you on board
- Enjoy the trip up to Horsted Keynes through the winter countryside
- Visit Santa in his parlour with an opportunity for a photo
- Collect your special present from Santa’s Workshop
- Enjoy the traditional inclusive amusement attractions – all carefully spaced apart
- Take time for a glass of delicious Christmas Punch on sale on the platform
- Rejoin your train to return to Sheffield Park or East Grinstead
- Pick up Christmas gifts at our market stalls and shops
The whole experience will take around 2 hours from Sheffield Park and 2 hours 15 minutes from East Grinstead and we ask people to arrive in good time to allow for social distancing measures.
For more details visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page.
When booking tickets, please check carefully for your required station of departure - Sheffield Park or East Grinstead.
Event start times
From Sheffield Park 10am & 12.45pm
From East Grinstead 11am & 1.45pm
For your safety:
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn whilst at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey
- Pre-packed food - All picnic boxes are hygienically pre-packed
Please visit our COVID-19 safety measures page for more information.
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and do not require a ticket
- Seats are not allocated or reserved for children under 3yrs (and babies)
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for the class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station
- Seats are in a compartment. We will not allocate compartments for shared used. If you are travelling with friends and family, please make the booking in one name.
- Passengers in wheelchairs can travel in our specially adapted carriage on trains departing from Sheffield Park. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 if you would like to book seats for wheelchair using passengers.
- No dogs are permitted on this service except for registered assistance dogs.
- Compartments are allocated automatically. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated in the same compartment
- 1st Class compartments on Sheffield Park services are designed to seat up to 6 adults
- 3rd Class compartments on Sheffield Park services are designed to seat up to 8 adults
- Some 1st Class compartments on East Grinstead departures are designed to seat up to 8 adults, others will seat up to 6
- Some 3rd Class compartments on East Grinstead services are designed to seat up to 10 adults, others will seat up to 8
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on services from Sheffield Park Station only
- Owing to social distancing guidelines, however, space in this area is limited to parties of 4 or less people
- To book these seats please email email@example.com or call our Customer Services team on 01825 720800