Home - SteamLights
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on December 2nd limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to the Bluebell Railway have to be in a single household, or single support bubble, or other exempt group when travelling and must follow the Rule of 6 when not onboard our trains. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Never seen before in the South East!
First Class Compartment (seats up to 6 adults) £150.00
Third Class Compartment (seats up to 8 adults) £120.00
Food Hampers - Adult £10 | Child £7.00
Brighten up the chilly winter evenings with a seasonal lights spectacular!
Sparkle, glow and shimmer on a magical steam train covered by thousands of colourful lights. Illuminate the dark landscape as you journey and feast your eyes on an amazing light show along the way. With festive displays, music and narration, this is a steam train experience not to be missed!
- Before boarding, witness the big switch on as we light up the darkness of Sheffield Park Station
- Board for the magical journey and be seated in the luxury of your own compartment; keeping your visit safe an enjoyable. Add a special picnic box stuffed with tasty treats and drinks at time of booking and we will put them in your compartment to make the journey extra special.
- Journey through the Sussex countryside under cover of darkness, but bring shimmering light and colour as you go. Along the way, enjoy festive scenes among the trees and clearings and a colourful light show orchestrated in time with music and narration. A multi-sensory feast!
- Arrive at Horsted Keynes Station and disembark for 30 minutes to take photographs of your spectacular train covered in lights. The atmospheric country station adorned with lights and festive decoration provides the perfect backdrop.
- As you return to Sheffield Park, enjoy a second chance to sparkle through the countryside and view the festive scenes you may have missed the first time.
The whole experience will take around 1 hour 30 minutes and we ask people to arrive in good time to allow for social distancing measures.
Why not add some of delicious pre-packed traditional picnic boxes to enjoy on your journey? Picnic boxes are just £10.00 per adult and £7.00 per child.
Adult picnic boxes contain a mince pie, filled roll, cheese & biscuits, a slice of Christmas cake, and shortbread. Child pinic boxes contain a candy cane, filled roll, chocolate coins, a gingerbread man, and a satsuma
A selection of drinks is also available to pre-order (we are sorry but no food or drinks will be available to purchase whilst onboard)
Pease select your picnic boxes and drinks during the booking process.
For your safety:
- Face coverings - Face coverings must be worn whilst at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed
Please visit our COVID-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and do not require a ticket
- Seats are not allocated or reserved for children under 3yrs (and babies)
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for the class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station
- Seats are in a compartment. We will not allocate compartments for shared used. If you are travelling with friends and family, please make the booking in one name.
- Passengers in wheelchairs can travel in our specially adapted carriage on trains departing from Sheffield Park. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 if you would like to book seats for wheelchair using passengers.
- No dogs are permitted on this service with the exception of registered assistance dogs.
- Compartments are allocated automatically. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated in the same compartment
- First Class compartments are designed to seat up to 6 adults
- Third Class compartments are designed to seat up to 8 adults
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on this service.
- However, owing to social distancing guidelines, space in this area is limited to parties of 4 or less people
- Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to book these spaces