Home - The Pioneer BRPS Members' Special Train
The Pioneer Members' Special - 7 August 2020 9.00am
We are pleased to mark our 60th anniversary by offering the first train of our reopening day as a members only train.
This will be free of charge for Bluebell Railway Preservation Society members as a thank you to those who have supported us through this difficult time – and we hope this marks the beginning of the next 60 years of steam!
The train is scheduled to leave at 9:00 from Sheffield Park Station on 7 August, and will consist of compartment stock. Due to new measures in place to help combat Covid-19, we would ask that you do not arrive early. You will be required to queue before entry and boarding will take place shortly before departure. We recommend arriving 20 minutes before departure. When you arrive back, you will be free to visit the shop, kiosk, museum and SteamWorks! using the one-way system in place.
We are offering compartments to book – not seats – and they must be pre-booked online. If members group together to share a compartment, we ask that you observe social distancing and wear face coverings within the compartment.
You will need to bring proof of membership on the day of travel.
We have many members and compartments are limited. If you are unable to book a compartment on the free members’ special, we hope you are able to join us on one of our other services. Currently, Bluebell Railway are able to offer a members discount of 20% if you pre-book a compartment on The Pioneer service train. If you book after 5pm the night before travel, your usual members discount applies for The Pioneer, plus a special new discount of 20% on any dining services – subject to availability.
Unfortunately, to maintain social distancing, manage numbers on the platforms and protect our customer facing volunteers, there will be no access to any stations without pre-booking and only then at the time of the train you have booked. This includes the first train. We are unable to offer platform tickets at this time. If you wish to view or photograph the first train, then we recommend you use the public footpaths along the line. We greatly appreciate your support during this uncertain time. Food will be available to purchase from the kiosk.
We hope to see you over our re-opening weekend or throughout the rest of the year – Floreat Vapor!
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Visitors are required to wear face coverings while at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and do not require a ticket
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- BRPS members - proof of membership will be required on the day of travel
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.