Home - Fish and Chip Specials
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Try a scrumptious supper on board one of our Fish & Chip Special trains!
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Price - £30.00 per person
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park Station at 6.30pm for the 1¾ hour journey up and down the line.
Once onboard, sit back and enjoy your supper (fish & chips followed by a yummy dessert), whilst travelling through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a choice of 4 menus for our Fish & Chip Specials - Traditional, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free. Please state your choice(s) of menu(s) in the Dietary Requirements box at the bottom of the Checkout page when booking your tickets.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn whilst at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We are pleased to offer four choices of menu for this service, but regret we are unable to offer any alternatives to these
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, you may not be seated all together. If you wish to be seated together, please call the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.