Home - The Blue Belle Evening Dining
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
A special train for a special year!
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Owing to current government restrictions on the opening hours of food and drink venues, The Blue Belle Evening Dining Services will now return to Sheffield Park for 9.50pm
Table for 2 - £110.00 | Table for 3 £165.00 | Table for 4 - £220.00
(£55.00 per person)
Celebrate Bluebell Railway’s 60th birthday year by enjoying a delicious evening meal in style on an historic train. This named service remembers the rail tours of the sixties, when steam enthusiasts travelled between London and Brighton and took The Blue Belle along the now disused Ardingly line to visit the newly preserved Bluebell Railway.
Ticket prices include your journey and a delicious 3-course meal.
Set menus are offered, and these vary depedant on the day of travel. Please see our website for the menu offered on your choosen date of travel.
We also offer an alternative main course for vegetarians, if you would like this, please state this in the 'Dietary Requirements' box at the bottom of the 'Checkout' page when booking your tickets.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the ticket price.
Please note departure times may vary dependant on date of travel, please check when booking.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
The Bessemer Arms on Platform 1 at Sheffield Park Station will also be open from 5.30pm for pre-travel drinks.
Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time to allow for boarding.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service - All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.
- We welcome children 14yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service.
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station
- This service is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, you may not be seated all together. If you wish to be seated together, please call the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.