Home - Cream Tea Riviera
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Tea for two and two for Tea, scones for you and jam for me!
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Table 2 - £50.00 | Table for 3 - £75.00 | Table for 4 - £100.00
(£25.00 per person)
Don’t you know how happy you can be? With tables for two, three and four available, enjoy our afternoon cream tea experience by travelling in the luxury of a plush vintage dining carriage.
Your Cream Tea Box contains a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, and scones with clotted cream & jam. Tea and coffee will be served on the train and are included in the price of your ticket.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to the Cream Tea Box, and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
To cater for dietary requirements we are pleased to offer a Gluten Free Cream Tea box option. Please state that you would like this option, and the number required, in the Dietary Requirements box at the bottom of the Checkout page when booking your tickets.
Please note food boxes are NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price for bookings placed after 4pm the day before travel.
An additional selection of drinks is available to pre-order (we are sorry but no drinks can be purchased whilst onboard), please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service - All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Horsted Keynes Station
- All passengers will require a ticket, including children
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only and food is only available to pre-order until 4pm the day before travel.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, you may not be seated all together. If you wish to be seated together, please call the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.