Home - The Rocket
Summer Ploughman’s Special..... “lettuce” take care of the food!
Price - £25.00 per person
There’s nothing better on a Summer day than a delicious Ploughman’s lunch… except enjoying it in comfort and style in a comfortable vintage railway dining carriage. Wind your way through beautiful Sussex countryside skirting the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
You can choose between a Ploughman's or a cream tea lunch box - just let us know which you would prefer in the 'Dietary Requirements' box on the Checkout page during the booking process.
- The Ploughman's Lunch Box includes a savoury roll, chutney, salad, butter, and salad cream.
- The Cream Tea Box includes a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam
Tea and coffee will be served on the train and are included in the price of your ticket.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to the Ploughman's Lunch Box, and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order (we are sorry but no drinks can be purchased whilst onboard), please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn whilst at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Horsted Keynes Station EXCEPT on the following dates 12th Aug, 21st Aug, and 28th Aug where the service will depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- All passengers will require a ticket, including children
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, you may not be seated all together. If you wish to be seated together, please call the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.