Home - The Rocket
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Summer Ploughman’s Special..... “lettuce” take care of the food!
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page
Table for 2 - £50.00 | Table for 3 - £75.00 | Table for 4 - £100.00
(£25.00 per person)
There’s nothing better on a Summer day than a delicious Ploughman’s lunch… except enjoying it in comfort and style in a comfortable vintage railway dining carriage. Wind your way through beautiful Sussex countryside skirting the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
You can choose between a Ploughman's or a cream tea lunch box - just let us know which you would prefer in the 'Dietary Requirements' box on the Checkout page during the booking process.
- The Ploughman's Lunch Box includes a savoury roll, chutney, salad, butter, and salad cream.
- The Cream Tea Box includes a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam
Tea and coffee will be served on the train and are included in the price of your ticket.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to the Ploughman's Lunch Box, and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
Please note food boxes are NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price for bookings placed after 4pm the day before travel.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order (we are sorry but no drinks can be purchased whilst onboard), please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance with Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated onboard, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seats to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service - All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Horsted Keynes Station EXCEPT on the following dates 12th Aug, 21st Aug, and 28th Aug where the service will depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- All passengers will require a ticket, including children
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only and is only available to order until 4pm the day before travel
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- Tables are allocated automatically during the booking process. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated at the same table.
- If you are booking for a large group, you may not be seated all together. If you wish to be seated together, please call the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or email email@example.com
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.