Home - The Pioneer
Britain’s Pioneering Heritage Railway
Price - First Class Compartment £125.00 | Third Class Compartment £99.00
Recreate the early days of Bluebell Railway, the longest running line of its kind, by riding on The Pioneer!
Travel in the luxury bubble of your own compartment - which carries up to 10 people in Third Class or 8 people in First Class.
Why not add some of our delicious pre-packed food boxes to enjoy on your journey? Food boxes are just £7.49 each and Stepney boxes are available for children at £5.95 each.
A selection of drinks is also available to pre-order (we are sorry but no food or drinks can be purchased whilst onboard).
Please select your food boxes and drinks during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your booked departure time.
Continental Breakfast for One
11am service only
Ploughmans Lunch for One
Cream Tea for One
3pm service only
Stepney Box for One
(Soft filled roll filled with ham or cheese, crips, fruit snack. chocolate treat, juice carton, colouring booklet & crayons)
For your safety:
- Face Coverings - Face coverings must be worn whilst at the railway, although their removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating - Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food - All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
Please visit our Covid-19 safety measures page for more information.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and do not require a ticket
- All food and drink on this service is by pre-order only
- Tickets are valid for the service and date specified on the ticket only
- Tickets only valid for class of travel booked - no upgrades are available
- We regret that prams/buggies/pushchairs cannot be taken on this service. They may be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station.
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
- We regret we are unable to offer discount travel for ATOC card holders or other 3rd party discount schemes for this service
- BRPS members - proof of membership will be required in the day of travel.
- Compartments are allocated automatically. Parties from separate bookings will not be seated in the same compartment.
- If you are booking for a large group, your party may be split into more than one compartment.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.