Home - Footplate Taster
On selected dates you can visit Sheffield Park Station and enjoy a 'turn' on the footplate of one of our locos.
Price - £160.00 per person
Included in the package:-
- An individual 1 hour 'Hands On' driving experience with one of our experienced loco crews within the station area
- Your own guide to answer questions and give you a tour of Sheffield Park station, with the opportunity to visit the signal box, SteamWorks! and our locomotive workshop.
- Full English breakfast, or lunch (depending on the time of your experience) in the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park station
- A gift pack from the Bluebell Shop
- A year's membership of BRPS (Bluebell Preservation Society)
- A certificate for you to take way on completion
Please choose your time slot when booking.
- Be at least 18
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire it it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Read the Medical Brief and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings where the participant fails to meet the required health standards.
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason.
- The locomotives used for this experience are subject to availability