Home - Golden Arrow Luncheon
Bluebell Railway's Golden Arrow train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends.
Price - £85.00 per person
With luxurious Pullman Cars 'Christine' and 'Fingall' and First Class carriage 'Sapphire' the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. Once on board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
This dining service departs from Sheffield Park Station and travels through the beautiful countryside of the Sussex Weald to East Grinstead. Our Golden Arrow Luncheon trains run on most Sundays from April to November and depart from Sheffield Park Station at 12.45pm.
Ticket prices are per person and include your journey (just over 3 hours) and a delicious 3-course meal.
Set menus are offered, and these vary dependant on the date of travel. Please see our website for the menu offered on your chosen date of travel.
We also offer alternative menus for the following dietary requirments - Vegan/Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Dairy Free. If you would like one of the alernative menus, please state at the time of booking.
A selection of cheeses from the British Isles with chutney and biscuits is available to pre-order as an additional course. If you would like to add this to your meal, please select at the time of booking.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost. All other drinks may be purchase and paid for on the train
A selection of wines is available to pre-order at the time of booking. These may also be purchased and paid for on the train.
Other drinks may also be purchased and paid for on the train.
Tables for 2,3 or 4 are available in 'Christine' and 'Sapphire' and tables for 1, 2, 3 or 4 in 'Fingall'
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some days it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Golden Arrow at Sheffield Park station using one of our normal service trains. It may also be possible to travel back from Sheffield Park on one of our service trains. We regret that it will not be possible, however, to disembark early from the train at East Grinstead. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days this option is available.
- Your Golden arrow ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Golden Arrow but is not valid on any other of our train services.
- This service is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 5yrs or older on this service. We regret that this services isn't suitable for young children or babies. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 wo will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.
- If you would like one of the alternative menus, please state in the 'Dietary Reqiuirements' box during the order process.
- If you would like to add the cheese course to your meal, please select during the order process.
- A £1.95 transaction fee will be added per booking for any tickets purchased online.
- Tickets for this event are available as Printed and Posted tickets only. There is no additional charge for this service.
- All tickets are posted Royal Mail 2nd class.
- Terms & Conditions can be found on our website