Home - Golden Arrow Evening Dining
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
The Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow Evening Dining train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two.
Price - £90.00 per person
With Pullman Cars, 'Christine' and 'Fingall' and 1st Class carriage 'Sapphire', the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
'Christine' and 'Fingall' evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wooden wall panel Marquetry and plush seating. 'Sapphire' hails from the 1950s and provides equally comfortable and plush surroundings, being built to convey 1st Class passengers from Waterloo to board Transatlantic liners at Southampton in the glory days of ocean travel.
Ticket prices are person and include your journey (approximately 3½ hours) and a delicious 5-course meal.
Set menus are offered, and these vary dependant on the date of travel. Please see our website for the menu offered on your chosen date of travel.
We also offer alternative menus for the following dietary requirements - Vegan/Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, and Dairy Free. If you would like one of these alternative menus, please state at the time of booking.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost, all other drinks may be purchased and paid for on the train.
Tables for 2, 3 or 4 are available in the 'Christine' and 'Sapphire' and tables for 1, 2, 3 or 4 in 'Fingall'.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some days it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Golden Arrow at Sheffield Park station using one of our normal service trains. We regret that it will not be possible, however to disembark early from the train at East Grinstead, nor to return to East Grinstead at the end of your journey on a service train. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days this option is available.
- Your Golden arrow ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Golden Arrow but is not valid on any other of our train services.
- This service is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 14yrs or older on this service. We regret that this services isn't suitable for young children or babies. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on this service. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.