Home - Footplate Taster
On selected dates you can visit Sheffield Park Station and enjoy a 'turn' on the footplate of one of our locos.
Price - £170.00 per person
Included in the package:
- An individual 1 hour 'Hands On' driving experience with one of our experienced loco crews with the station area
- Your own guide to answer questions and to give you a tour of Sheffield Park Station, with the opportunity to visit the signal box, SteamWorks! and our locomotive workshop
- A hot drink and either a breakfast bap or slice of cake.
- A certificate for you to take away on completion
- Be at least 18.
- Be reasonably fit and in good health - able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Brief and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings where the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked for a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotives used for this experience may vary subject to availability
- All online bookings are subject to an additional fee of £1.80 per booking
- eTickets and printed & posted tickets are available for this event, please select at time of booking. Please note there is an additional charge of £1.50 per booking for printed & posted tickets
- All printed tickets will be posted out by Royal Mail 2nd Class
- Terms & Conditions can be found on our website