Home - Britannia Gala Golden Arrow
Come and join us for a very special Golden Arrow service with Brtitannia.
BR Britannia Class No. 70000 'Britannia' is visting Bluebell Railway during our Giants of Steam Autumn Gala, and will be hauling a premier dining Golden Arrow service on Monday 14th October.
Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow dining train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two. With Pullman Cars, 'Christine' and 'Fingall' and 1st Class carriage 'Ashdown', the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
'Christine' and 'Fingall' evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wooden wall panel Marquetry and plush seating. 'Ashdown' hails from the 1950s and provides equally comfortable and plush surroundings, being built to convey First Class passengers from Waterloo to board Transatlantic liners at Southampton in the glory days of ocean travel.
The servic departs from Sheffield Park Station and travels through the beautiful countryside of the Sussex Weald.
Ticket prices are person and include an your journey (approximately 3 and a half hours) and a delicious 5-course gala meal. A cheese course is available to purchase as an alternative to desert or as an additional course. A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost, all other drinks may be purchased and paid for on the train (we regret we currently have no facility to take credit/debit card payments onboard at the moment, but cash and cheques are accepted).
Tables for 2, 3 or 4 are available in the 'Christine' and 'Ashdown' and tables for 1, 2, 3 or 4 in 'Fingall'.
Price - £100.00 per person
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station.
- The Golden Arrow is a premier service and, as such, the dress code on board the train is 'smart dress' and guests' adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 14 years and over on our Britannia Gala Golden Arrow service. We regret that the service is not suitable for children or babies under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Golden Arrow.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please call our Customer Services Team (01825 720800) who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.