Home - Teddy Bears' Picnic
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Free travel for all children who bring their teddy!
Come along for a truly classic childhood activity this August bank holiday weekend.
Our Teddy Bears' Picnic is the ideal bank holiday day out - with bear hunts, games, prizes and fun for all the family. And there's free travel for all children who bring their favourite teddy!
You can pre-order your picnic and collect from the Bessemer Arms Restaurant at Sheffield Park, or bring your own.
With our All Day Rover ticket you can hop on and off the steam train as much as you like. We have picnic areas at:
- Sheffield Park along the riverside
- Horsted Keynes overlooking the station
- Kingscote in our tranquil paddock with children's play area
Each of these stations host a refreshment outlet.
Don't forget to bring your teddy along for this wonderful, magical day out! You can also buy our special Bluebell Teddy Bears in our shop at Sheffield Park, or online here.
|Adult All Day Rover with Adult's picnic||£25.50|
|Adult All Day Rover without Picnic||£16.00|
|Child All Day Rover with Children's Picnic||£5.50|
|Child All Day Rover without Picnic||FREE|
|Bluebell Adult Member* All Day Rover with Adult's Picnic||£17.50|
|Bluebell Adult Member* All Day Rover without Picnic||£8.00|
|Bluebell Child Member* All Day Rover with Children's Picnic||£5.50|
|Bluebell Child Member* All Day Rover without Picnic||FREE|
* Proof of membership or ATOC card required to travel
Our picnic boxes include:
- Adult's picnic box - Cheese ploughman's. This includes cheese, salad, pickled onion, bread roll and butter, salad cream, branston pickle, and a cutlery pack with a napkin
- Children's picnic box - Small filled cheese roll, yoghurt tube, box raisins, jammy biscuit, packet pom bears (ready salted), carton of drink
- Bookings are valid on any Standard Travel service on the specified date
- Carers travel for free when travelling with a registered disabled person (proof maybe required). Tickets for carers taking up this offer are available from the booking office on the day only, please do not purchase a ticket online.
- Please note that bookings made under this online discount offer do not qualify for a refund and are non-transferable.
- All online bookings are subject to an additional fee of £1.80 per booking.
- Your tickets will be emailed to you. Please print off a copy of your ticket and bring it with you on the day of travel. If you are unable to print off your ticket, and wish to bring it with you on a smartphone or tablet, it is advisable to bring a screenshot, as mobile signal at some of our stations is limited.