Home - Santa Specials 2019
Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
A Christmas Visit to the Bluebell Railway is a magical experience!
Enjoy a journey through the Sussex countryside in all its winter splendour. Santa and his elves will be on board with a present and chocolate treat for all fare-paying children (he won’t forget the grown-ups, there’s a mince pie for them!)
Sit back and enjoy the trip to Horsted Keynes Station where you will find…
- Victorian Fairground – tokens for the games cost 20p each and will be available to purchase at the station
- Christmas Pantry – serving festive snacks, hot chocolate and mulled wine
- King George V Buffet - serving drinks & snacks
- Crafts & activities for the children
Your Santa Special experience will last for 1½ - 2hrs and includes your return train ride and time at Horsted Keynes Station.
December 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd & 24th
Event start times (each day):
Sheffield Park Station - 10:20am, 11:55am, 1:30pm and 3:10pm.
East Grinstead Station - 11:10am and 2:20pm
Adult 1st class - from £28.00
Adult 3rd class - from £25.00
Child (3-14yrs) 1st class - from £17.00
Child (3-14yrs) 3rd class - from £17.00
Toddler (1-2yrs) 1st class - from £10.00
Toddler (1-2yrs) 3rd class - from £10.00
Babies (<1yr) travel for free. If you would like a present from Santa for a baby, please purchase a baby ticket:
Baby (<1yr) 1st class - £3.00
Baby (<1yr) 3rd class - £3.00
- Reserved seats on your journey to Horsted Keynes and return (no seat for children under 3)
- A present for all fare-paying children, toddlers and for babies for whom a baby ticket has been purchased
- A mince pie for adults and a sweet treat for children
PRE-BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL
- Seats are no allocated or reserved for childern under 3 (toddlers and babies).
- If you wish to sit with another party, please make the booking in one name.
- Seats are in blocks of 4 or 2 around a table or in a compartment. Please be aware you may be sharing tables or compartments with other parties.
- Passengers in wheelchairs can be travel in our specially adapted carriage on trains departing from Sheffield Park at 10.20am & 1.30pm. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 if you would like to book seats for wheelchair using passengers.
- Carers may travel for free on this service whist accompanying a disabled passenger. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 if you require to book seats for carers.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations and amendments – If you need to cancel or alter your booking please contact the Customer Service Team. Whilst we will endeavour to accommodate amendments, please note that these may not always be possible. Refunds will be made at the discretion of the Railway. Refunds for cancellations will only be considered if we receive notification in writing at least one week before the due date of travel. A £2.50 administration fee per ticket will be applied to all amendments and cancellations.
Adverse Weather – Please check our website www.bluebell-railway.com for train service updates. If the Railway can provide the service but you are unable to travel due to adverse weather conditions, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to a different date, but please note that this may not always be possible. If the Railway is unable to provide the service you will be entitled to a full refund. We will endeavour to notify you by email or telephone if your service is going to be cancelled.
Buggies, prams and push-chairs - Due to limited space in our trains, buggies, prams and push-chairs may not be taken on board. If you are bringing a buggy, pram or push-chair you are welcome to leave them on the platform at your departure station. Designated areas will be provided for this purpose, but we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage.
Baby changing facilities - Baby changing facilities are available at Sheffield Park and East Grinstead stations. There are no baby change facilities on the train or at Horsted Keynes Station, where toilet and restaurant facilities are limited.
Dogs - Dogs other than registered assistance dogs are not permitted on this service. Those who arrive with a dog other than a registered assistance dog will be refused entry.