Home - Wealden Rambler
Traditional Afternoon Tea served as you steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Enjoy a relaxing journey, travelling in one of our four comfortable 1950/60's lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler.
Your traditional afternoon tea includes a choice of luxury teas (coffee is also available), along with a selection of delicious sandwhiches followed by mouthwatering cakes, tarts, scones and shortbread.
The Wealden Rambler runs on most Saturday afternoons. some weekday afternoons, and other special days throughout the year from February to October.
The train departs at 2.45pm from Sheffield Park station for a 1¾ hour return journey to East Grinstead and back.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On most days it will be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Wealden Rambler using one of our normal service trains. On some days it will also be possible to return to East Grinstead from Sheffield Park on one of these trains. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days this option is available.
- Your Wealden Rambler tickets are valid for travel on both the Wealden Rambler service and any other normal service trains on the date of the Wealden Rambler service for which they are valid.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on the Wealden Rambler. We regret that the service is not suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Wealden Rambler.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers on this service. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Wealden Rambler, please call our Customer Services Team who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Wealden Rambler trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.
Terms and Conditions
- Tickets are valid for the service and date of travel stated only.
- If you need to amend the date and time of travel you may request a change by calling our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800. If changes are requested more than 1 month before the booked date of travel we will endeavour to accommodate the change, subject to availability. If changes are requested closer than 1 month to the booked date of travel, these will be accommodated subject to our being able to resell the tickets. All requested changes will incur a £10 per ticket administration fee.
- If you wish to cancel part or all of your booking please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800. We will offer a refund only if we can resell your tickets. Any cancellations will incur a £10 per ticket administration fee.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend services at short notice. Should this be necessary, we will endeavour to provide as much advance warning as possible and will offer either an alternative date or a refund.