Family (2 + 3)
Smaller Family (1 + 3)
|All Line Return Third Class - ONLINE PRICE||£22.00||£11.00||£62.00||£40.00|
- Steam Through The Ages
Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September
Travel through 100 years of history in one day!
This new event will bring different eras from history to life with a different decade recreated at each station.
- All advance booked tickets are non-refundable
- Bookings are for a specific date only but any Standard Travel service on that date
The London Brighton and South Coast Railway, from which the Bluebell Railway evolved, began life in the 1840s and it is the Victorian Era
that Sheffield Park will depict. Horsted Keynes Station will give a flavour of life during the war years of the 1940s while Kingscote will be a
groovy kind of place to be with the 1960s taking centre stage. There will be the chance to ride on a vintage bus the same as Grandma would have done!
At the end of the line at East Grinstead enjoy some 1980s music and have your picture taken with ‘stars’ of the day.
Travel tickets are valid all day so hop on and off the trains to explore each station as much as you like throughout the day.
Highlights will include:
- Victorian ‘Music Hall’
- Live Band
- Victorian Tea room
- Barrel Organ
- Locomotive sheds
- Bessemer Arms
- Gift shop
- Children’s Craft Activities
- Street market traders, SPIVS and Jiving Jim Dandy
- Sussex Home Guard displays including firearms, bayonet practice and parades
- Vehicle and Military displays
- Live Bands including the Victory V’s
- Animal Encounters
- King George V Buffet serving authentic wartime menus
- Carriage and Wagon viewing gallery
- Especially for for the children-learn about gas masks and make one to take home
- 1960s fun and frivolity. (Dig out your flower power outfits!)
- Jump on board a vintage bus and hand over your pennies for a ride through the country (pennies supplied!)
- Giant Games
- 1960s Burger Bar
- 1960s Milk Bar
- Vehicle displays
- Travel Centre
- The Grinsteade Buffet Carriage will be open for refreshments and snacks
- Photograph your self with ‘stars’ of the 80s