Home - Steam Through The Ages
Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th August 2018
Travel through 100 years of history in one day!
This new event will bring different eras from history to life with a different decade recreated at each station.
The London Brighton and South Coast Railway, from which the Bluebell Railway evolved, began life in the 1840s and it is the Victorian Era that Sheffield Park will depict. Horsted Keynes Station will give a flavour of life during the war years of the 1940s while Kingscote will become ‘Kingscote-on-Sea’ a 1960s ‘Seaside’ holiday.
Travel tickets are valid all day so hop on and off the trains to explore each station as much as you like throughout the day.
Highlights will include:
Sheffield Park – Victorian
- Live Music from The Pinny Sisters
- Steam transport
- Victorian re-enactment and memorabillia
- Locomotive sheds
- Bessemer Arms
- Gift shop
Horsted Keynes – WWII
- Static Spitfire Display
- Children’s Craft Activities
- Street market traders and entertainments
- Vehicle displays
- Military displays
- Live Music
- Vinyl DJ – Jiving Jim Dandy
- King George V Buffet serving authentic wartime menus
- Carriage and Wagon viewing gallery
Kingscote – ‘Seaside Holiday’
- Donkey Rides
- Seaside activities
- Giant Games
- Travel Centre
- The Grinsteade Buffet Carriage will be open for refreshments and snacks